Iron Sharpens Iron is all about sharpening up as a disciple of Jesus Christ. We are inspired by Proverbs 27:17,
As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.
Iron Sharpens Iron is completely free and open to anyone.
We are now living in a confusing, post-Christian society. Today the vast majority of British people are secular. Secular people live as if there is no God and everything is just physical. Secular people have no fear of God and the pagan gods. Their horizons of happiness are thoroughly secular and materialistic. For some the focus is on watching football, drinking lager and watching television. For others it's opera, sophisticated chitchat and poetry. All this without any reference to God and His kingdom.
How should we as disciples of Jesus Christ respond to our post-Christian culture. Should we bury our heads in the sand and ignore it or do we sharpen up as disciples and engage with our complicated and challenging world?
Iron Sharpens Iron usually meets every last Friday of the month, although the date does sometimes vary. At 8pm our speakers present a short talk and then we discuss the topic in hand. We want everyone to contribute to the discussion. We encourage heated debate. We want to learn from each other so we can bear fruit for Jesus Christ, the Lord of heaven and earth. Join at 7.50pm to chat with other participants.
We are now meeting by Zoom.
25th June 2021
Paul Hobbes will be talking about his work as an artist.
Other topics so far have included:
- A Christian response to the New Age
- A Christian perspective on business
- A Christian discussion about Mafia hitmen and evil
- A Christian reflection on the pervasive impact of secularism
- A Christian framework for God’s kingdom and public life
- A Christian response to Covid-19
- A Christian discussion about serving God in engineering
- Militarism and the Arms Trade
- Working therapeutically with refugees
- The role of faith in a pluralistic, secular democracy.
If you would like to know more about Iron Sharpens Iron, when and where we meet, or our next topic, contact Mark on email@example.com.